- A. Scope of this Policy
- B. Types of Information We Collect
Profitbin collects information directly from you. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit Profitbin. Profitbin may ask you for different types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the Services including:
- Contact information, including, but not limited to: name, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, and mobile number;
- User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age and date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and postal code;
- Public information, including profile information, you provide to the Profitbin for publication, such as your user name, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures and the address of your website;
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- Payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and driver’s license number where needed for payment, to complete a particular transaction, or to access a particular service (i.e., contests or paid subscriptions);
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend with whom you have an existing business, non-business, family or personal relationship to a particular website or service (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested);
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- Correspondence you send to us;
- Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms);
- If you log in via a social media platform such as Twitter, Facebook or Google+, we may also collect your user ID details for that platform, and any information you have permitted them to share with us; and
- You might also provide personal information to us if you:
- complete any application forms;
- contact us (including calling our offices or provide feedback, comments or suggestions on programs and other activities);
- enter a competition;
- contact us as a customer or client of Profitbin;
- provide services or products to Profitbin;
- visit our offices (including via security surveillance of our premises including CCTV);
- attend a studio audience; or
- apply for a job with us.
Profitbin automatically collects information. Profitbin may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your device type and settings, software used and browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Websites or other services you visited before and after visiting Profitbin;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within Profitbin;
- Unique identifiers and connection information, including mobile device identification numbers and internet connection means that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies;
- Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to, content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer including registry key information; and
- Standard server log information.
Profitbin obtains information from other sources. Where applicable law permits, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (i.e., mobile devices, third party services, and embedded audio and video players), from co-branded partners and websites (i.e., Facebook or Twitter), from our advertisers, and from commercially available sources (i.e., data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, email address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- If you access third party services (i.e., Facebook, Google+ or Twitter) through Profitbin, or if you access Profitbin via a third party service, your username and password for those services and other information available about or collected from you on those services;
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings;
- Other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on; and
- Information from a recruitment agency if you are applying for a job with us.
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you, provide online advertising based on your interests, and to develop rich online content and services across Profitbin. Your specific consent will be obtained where it is required by law.
- C. Use of Information
The purpose for which we collect the information is to give effect to the particular interaction you have with Profitbin. For example, you may participate in a competition we run. We may use your personal information to let you know about programs, products or other things we think may be of interest to you or to get your feedback. If we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, we will give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving any further marketing material. We may share the personal information that you have given to us with other companies within our group, our associates and affiliates. There may be circumstances where we want to use your personal information to let you know about programs or other products, or to get your feedback on our operations. We may also use your personal information for related purposes that you would reasonably expect. We take particular care with any sensitive information that we may have (if any). We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver’s license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (i.e., paid subscriptions or awarding prizes to contest winners) or as otherwise required by law.
Information we collect about you is generally used to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, contests, sweepstakes, and message boards;
- Provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers and promotional materials on behalf of Profitbin, companies we are affiliated with or subsidiaries of Profitbin, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
- Perform statistical analysis of user activity and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of Profitbin and to inform others of such information, including the number of users who have been exposed to or have clicked on any particular areas in the Services;
- Analyze the use of Profitbin and information about visitors to Profitbin to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce or disclose anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit Profitbin;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities otherwise in accordance with Profitbin’s Terms and Conditions, including restrictions of the use of software to remove, modify, disable, block or otherwise impair any advertising in connection with Profitbin; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
- D. Disclosure of Information
- Authorized third party service providers. We share your contact information with third party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, suppression list management and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose. Also, authorized third party service providers may collect non-contact information about your visits to Profitbin with cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies that may be used to deliver advertisements or marketing tailored to your interests or, in connection with other data about you including data regarding your use of websites, apps or other services over time and across the Internet, to determine the connections that may exist among different devices. For example, if your IP address is associated with multiple devices (such as smartphones, connected TVs, tablets and so on), these services providers may determine that you, as a user, are connected to such devices.
- Promotions, contests and sweepstakes. When you choose to enter a promotion, contest, or sweepstake, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to our sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. In addition, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing our sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
- Profitbin and other Profitbin businesses. Profitbin and other subsidiaries and affiliates of Profitbin continue to expand their online presence in order to offer users exemplary interactive experiences. Where permitted by law, we may share information we collect about you within the affiliates of Profitbin so that we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of Profitbin, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations. There may be circumstances where the law requires us to disclose the information, or where disclosure is required to prevent a risk to health or safety or for law enforcement purposes.
- Protect Profitbin and users. We may disclose information to protect and defend the legal rights, interests, and safety of Profitbin, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcing our agreements); to protect the safety and security of users of the Services and members of the public; and as otherwise disclosed in our Terms and Conditions.
Please note that we may also share information with advertisers. In addition, information collected about your interactions with audio and video content may be shared with third parties, including social networking services, such as Facebook, and video measurement and subscription services. Finally, we also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, to help us develop content and services we hope will interest you or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings including targeted marketing.
- E. Your Choices
You can choose to enjoy content and features on Profitbin without providing us directly with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may be collected automatically or be requested so that you can take advantage of certain features and services offered by Profitbin. There may be times when we ask for personal information from you and you do not wish to provide it. We do not have a problem with that but it may mean, for example, that we cannot enter your details for a competition or provide you with a particular service that you want. You can opt out of receiving commercial email or text messages from a particular service offered by Profitbin or other service by following the instructions contained in any such message. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we may still need to send you communications relating to your use of Profitbin, such as service announcements. You also have choices about whether cookies and other similar technologies are placed on your computer or mobile device. You also may choose to opt out of use of data that our authorized third party service providers or we collect about your visits to our business partners’ websites that may be used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests. To opt out, visit the opt-out tab on the Profitbin website. Finally, you also have choices about the collection and use of your information by third parties to display relevant advertisements.
- F. Access
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on Profitbin. Where that information relates to a Profitbin registration or subscription, you may do this by editing it in your account information. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us directly. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
- G. Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using Profitbin but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
- H. Transfer of Data Internationally
Profitbin is headquartered in the United States and may have affiliate offices and partners in other countries. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of Profitbin may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in the country to which your information is transferred may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. Your personal information may be subject to the laws of the country to which it is transferred and may be accessible without notice to you by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that country. By using and participating in Profitbin or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
- I. Privacy Protections for Children
Profitbin is mostly intended for a general audience and do not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13 in the United States or the appropriate age for services directed toward children as defined under applicable laws in other jurisdictions. Profitbin may ask for your full date of birth date to ensure that they are not collecting information from children under 13 in the United States or the appropriate age for services directed toward children as defined under applicable laws in other jurisdictions or to identify when additional steps may need to be taken when information has been collected from children under 18 or under the age of majority in their jurisdiction, if higher than 18. In those instances where Profitbin has actual knowledge that it collects information from children or offers a service directed toward children as defined under applicable laws, it will comply with those laws.
- J. User-Generated Content
- K. Third Party Websites and Services
- M. Questions